Category Archives: Schedule
We will be having fight choreography (details TBA soon) on Wednesday and Sunday.
On THURSDAY of this week, I will be blocking and working act 1, scenes 1-3 (aka 1.1-3)
On FRIDAY of this week, I will be blocking and working 1.4-5.
For Thursday and Friday, you are only called if you are in those scenes. If we need ensemble for those (and we do), we’ll figure that out at the “speak-through” today. That will be the Bishop Center.
For Wednesday and Sunday’s fight calls, those will be specified soon. Thanks!
As always, subject to change, although we try to minimize that.
By the way, the work people are putting in is really paying off!!
THE MYSTERY OF EDWIN DROOD
1. “THERE YOU ARE”— Chairman & Company 8/7
2. “TWO KINSMEN”— Drood & Jasper 8/19
3. “MOONFALL”— Rosa
4. “THE WAGES OF SIN”— Puffer & Ensemble 8/20
5. “JASPER’S VISION”— Ballet 8/25
6. “CEYLON” “A BRITISH SUBJECT”— Helena, Neville, Drood, Rosa, Crisparkle, with Ensemble 8/28
7. “BOTH SIDES OF THE COIN” — Jasper & Chairman with Ensemble 8/9
8. “PERFECT STRANGERS”— Drood and Rosa 8/15
9. “NO GOOD CAN COME FROM BAD” — Neville, Rosa, Helena, Drood, Crisparkle, Jasper & Bazzard 8/26
10. “NEVER THE LUCK”— Bazzard with Ensemble 8/22
11. “OFF TO THE RACES”— Chairman, Durdles & Deputy, with Company 8/7
12. “ENGLAND REIGNS”— Chairman with Ensemble — [optional number] CUT
13. “A PRIVATE INVESTIGATION”— Datchery & Puffer with Ensemble
14. “THE NAME OF LOVE & MOONFALL” [Reprise] — Rosa & Jasper, with Company
15. “DON’T QUIT WHILE YOU’RE AHEAD” — Puffer & Company 8/9
16. “THE GARDEN PATH TO HELL”— Puffer
17. “PUFFER’S REVELATION” — Puffer
18. “OUT ON A LIMERICK”— Helena, or Bazzard, or Neville, or Crisparkle or Rosa
19. “JASPER’S CONFESSION”— Jasper
20. “MURDERER’S CONFESSION” — Helena, or Bazzard, or Neville, or Crisparkle, or Rosa, or Puffer, or Durdles 9/1
21. “PERFECT STRANGERS” [Duet — Reprise] — Rosa, or Helena, or Puffer with Bazzard, or Neville, or Crisparkle, or Durdles, or Sapsea, or Jasper, or Deputy, with Company 8/20
22. “THE WRITING ON THE WALL” — Drood, with Company
23. BOWS — “DON’T QUIT WHILE YOU’RE AHEAD” — Company
Note: Subject to Change! Also note that the first square is MONDAY, not SUNDAY!
All- Read through
All- Concepts and terms; lunch from 1.0-2.0
All- There You Are
All- Off to the Races
All- Don’t Quit While You’re Ahead
Never the Luck
Jasper & Chairman- Both Sides of the Coin
All- Review, Finish, Fix (RFF)
There You Are, Off to the Races, Don’t Quit, Never the Luck, Both Sides
Don’t quit while you’re ahead
Drood & Rosa- Perfect Strangers
Drood & Jasper- Two Kinsmen
Perfect Strangers Reprise
Rosa, Helena, Puffer, Bazzard, Neville, Crisparkle, Durdles, Sapsea, Jasper, Deputy
Never the Luck
Kate Erin Ellis
Neville, Rosa, Helena, Drood, Crisparkle, Jasper, Bazzard- No Good Can Come from Bad
All- Ceylon/A British Subject
All- RFF; Ceylon/A British Subject
All- Confessions: #19, #20, #21
Okay, we have a few more days off because summer is wonderful and we have a few people still out and about.
So far, the schedule is 1-4:30 in the music room. We’ll have more details as things firm up. It will be a read-through UNLESS one small factor makes it something else.
I look forward to seeing you!
As ever, tech Saturday is a maddeningly difficult day to predict. This is complicated a bit because we are taking tomorrow off, which, given the general demands of the show, is a good idea. If this were a regular show, with a regular schedule, I could abbreviate today into a rehearsal that would just have us going from light and sound cue to light and sound cue. Yes, we need to do that, but we also need to get in a regular dress rehearsal as well.
I would very much like to be done by about 5 PM, and I think this is extremely optimistic; I think it will probably go a tad later. One way or the other, I will do everything I can to keep you updated with our progress as we go.
Tomorrow, the smartest thing to do is to attempt to cover (if only lightly) the material from both yesterday’s agenda and the agenda on Sunday. If that creates some sort of difficulty, please e-mail me. Thanks!
Over the next day, I’ll be adjusting things based on the snowpocalypose. The weather indicates that we should probably be fine with doing what we would have done yesterday. If you do not see this blog post updated, that means that we will have rehearsal on Sunday. I will only update this entry if we have to cancel rehearsal due to weather.
First day of school, first day of rehearsal! 3:45-6:30. Read through!