Daily Archives: August 23, 2018
If you are waiting for rehearsal at 6 PM and have nothing to do this afternoon, I will be working on scenery on stage today. We have had a few cast members and staff show up to work here and there which has been INCREDIBLY helpful! I really, really want to thank Jack, Owen, and especially, Fox, Hazel, Lilli and Melissa Schweitzer for your help in ensuring the success of the show! None of this is complicated, and you do not need to know how to use power tools (You will get training!). I get to a stopping point because things are too heavy to move by myself, so having two or three people around is great! I really like how these Thursdays and some free stage afternoons are working because it means that we do not have to devote a weekend to construction, but we will still have the scenery ready for all out rehearsals and blocking that will begin any day now.
Madalyn Mead, Lilli Schweitzer, and Riley Talmadge are in the scenic construction class during C period. They will be working on the more complicated scenery pieces, like the bed, scenic decoration, and stage props. Please thank them as well!!
Our cyclorama is being installed on Monday and Tuesday of next week! This will be a very exciting addition to our lighting capabilities!
The line learning app for MAMMA MIA just got approval from MTI!! The cost is $1.99. The line learning app is limited to 20 cast members, so if you are in the ensemble and have no speaking parts, please do not purchase this app. Also, please set up an account on StagePro.com. This will allow you to access all the technical information about the show. From the software developer, Randy Threewits:
Welcome to MyLines, the line memorization app! This app will make your role in the upcoming production of Mamma Mia! easier to memorize. You’ll be able to add notes to your script and get communications from your theatre about blocking and rehearsals. Let’s get started!
- Download the MyLines app on your phone or tablet. It’s available at the Apple Store or the Google Play Store.
- On the lower part of the left menu, choose Sign In. Create an account with a user name and password.
- From the left menu, choose Download Script. Then choose ACTIVATE, and put in your activation code WSN837269 . When you see the script Mamma Mia! on your page, select it and choose DOWNLOAD.
- From the left menu, choose Select Script. Select Mamma Mia! and you’re ready to begin!
To get started, tap the right menu in the upper right corner. Among the options there you will see Select Role. When you choose that, all the possible roles in the play are displayed. If you have more than one part, choose Select Multiple Roles. When you’ve done that, all your role lines will be automatically highlighted for you!
Try the Brief Intro on the Info/Help option on the left menu to get started. The Learn Script function at the top of the left menu is where you will begin memorizing your lines. On the right menu, you will see many other options — hide your role lines, playback your lines to you, different ways to view the script, different view settings for sizes and colors on the screen. Tips about using the app and all its functions are accessed on the lower part of the right menu.
Here are just a few of things that MyLines can do:
- Highlights Lines Automatically
- Hints From Hidden Lines
- Custom Bookmarks and Script Annotations
- View Script by Scene, by Role or by Line
- Customizable Font Sizes, and Highlight Colors
- Your Customization For Each Script Is Available Across Your Devices
- Play Your Script Back Using Text-To-Speech
- Audio Recording And Playback of Lines
Go to www.MyLines.com for more information about how MyLines will make memorizing your lines easier and better than ever!
Apps for Cast + Crew