Daily Archives: August 9, 2012
So, I’m thinkin’ about masks.
Thoughts for the morning…
1. The masks symbolize more than hypocrisy. They are the part of ourselves that we use to shield whatever we feel might be imperfect. Even Superman wears lead armor if he has to deal with Kryptonite.
2. Jekyll’s formula is meant as a “perfection potion.” It’s the potion that removes what the “mask” symbolizes.
3. I think anyone would experience some kind of change if they took the potion. As long as that’s possible, they’re wearing a mask.
4. One of the story’s messages is that we need masks to a certain degree. Good manners are masks, in a way. Not having one would be like chewing with your mouth open. A mask isn’t always a bad thing. Players in intense games keep the mask of the “game face” on as a rule. That first number might very well be sung from Hyde’s perspective.
5. What’s the longest-running musical in Broadway history?
6. There is a creepy thing that will happen with the masks and their strategic removal. Ask for details.
Tentative Schedule for upcoming weeks
Tuesday/Wednesday,August 7 & 8, 3:30-6:30 Choreography
Thursday,August 9 – 4:00 – 6:00 Music (Chorus) – We’ll rehearseall choral numbers in the show.
Friday,August 10, 12-3 Choreography
(August11-12 if needed)
Monday,August 13, 12-6 Choreography
Tuesday,August 14, 4-4:30– Music (Chorus)4:30-6:30 – Choreography
Wednesday,August 15, 3:30 – 6:30 Choreography
Thursday,August 16, 4-4:30– Music (Chorus) 4:30-6:30- Choreography
Friday,August 17, 3:30-5:30 – Choreography
(August18-19 if needed)
Monday,August 20, 3:30-6:30 – Choreography
Tues.,Wed., Thurs. August 21,22,23, 4-4:30 – Music (Chorus) 4:30-6:30 Choreography
Friday,August 24, 3:30-5:30 – Choreography
(August25, 26 if needed)
Update about Monday from Sarah…
On Monday 8/13 it is the 1st day of School obviously. Seniors- we have senior stuff until 3:15 or so…. Therefore rehearsal will be changed from 12-6 to 3:30-6:30. Everyone is called because it is the engagement party. Underclassmen- For the majority of the time from when classes are released and rehearsal begins, Mr. McCray should be available for acting help and also he has a film version of the original novella that won best picture for the Oscars in 1932. That has a commentary that is helpful. You can stay if you like or leave and return.